- unw has its very own ‘Iron Man’ in the form of partner Michael Morris who would whop you in an Iron Man challenge, triathlon or marathon.
- Our brand new website has just gone live.
- At Christmas our team raised nearly £1,000 for the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.
- We now run free “energiser” sessions for businesses looking to develop their business strategy.
- We have a specialist in every aspect of tax – you name it, we can sort it.
- Partner, Andrew Wilson, has four joints in his little finger – or does he?
- We house the region’s largest and most successful grant advisory team who have helped businesses in the region secure a whopping £60m worth of grants.
- We have well over 100 dental clients and partner Alan Suggett is recognised nationally as an expert in his field.
- We support companies from inception (start ups) through to exit (disposal, listing, passing to next generation).
- We like fish.
The Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) has, this week, released a welcome decision regarding the eligibility of holding companies to be included in VAT group registrations. The EU challenged HMRC’s view that non-trading companies, such as pure …
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) recognise that some small employers who pay employees weekly, or more frequently, but only process their payroll monthly may need longer to adapt to reporting PAYE information in real time. HMRC have therefore agreed a …
The chilly weather outside mirrors the economic headwinds faced by George Osborne as he stood up to deliver his fourth Budget yesterday. The Office of Budget Responsibility’s growth forecasts have been downgraded yet again, and the latest instalment of the …
A recent decision by the Court of Justice of the European Union (‘CJEU’) is disappointing news for pension funds.
The CJEU has ruled that the management of Defined Benefit pension funds should remain subject to VAT at 20%. Unfortunately this …
Accountancy firm UNW has attracted two highly-regarded partners as it steps up investment in its people and premises following new deal wins.
The addition of tax partner David Ward from PwC and audit partner Dave Redhead from KPMG takes UNW’s partner …
UNW has teamed up with motor giant, Benfield Motor Group, to launch a ground breaking tax efficient car benefit scheme for North East employers and businesses throughout the UK.
The unique Flexicar scheme allows employees to make savings equivalent to …
Grant support for businesses expanding their UK operations is administered by the UK Government’s Department for Business, Innovation and Skills. In England grant support for major projects is provided through Regional Growth Fund.
UNW has significant experience advising clients on …
A Tyneside creative studio, which counts Disney, Tomy and Lego among its key clients, has undergone a seamless change of its ownership team with help from dealmakers at business advisers UNW and law firm Muckle LLP.
Sandyford-based Paul Windle Creative …