Microsoft Excel Essentials: Level 1 – Beginner
Date: Friday 18th January 2019
Time: 9:15am arrival for 9:30am start, closing at 4:30pm (Approx.)
Location: UNW Boardroom (Ground Floor), Citygate, St James’ Boulevard, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4JE
One-day training programme / Cost £250 +VAT
Microsoft Excel is a powerful and versatile software programme used to store, organise, manipulate and present data.
UNW is holding an introductory course to Excel, which is designed to provide a general understanding of the basic concepts of Excel and provide delegates with a strong platform to become a confident, efficient user.
Delivered by UNW’s Data Analyst Laura Hudson in an open and engaging format, this one-day course aims to enable attendees to create spreadsheets and perform calculations on datasets as well as effectively use common functions within Excel to analyse data. Delegates will also discover how to produce standard presentations displaying informative data with graphs and charts.
What will be covered?
• Exploring Excel – understanding workbooks and worksheets, data ranges, columns and rows
• Entering, editing and formatting data
• Cut, copy and pasting data
• Performing calculations
• Basic formulae
• Sorting and filtering data
• Turning data into graphs
• Checking, saving and printing spreadsheet
• Useful keyboard shortcuts
Who is this training course for?
This course is a designed to be an introduction to Excel and whilst a basic understanding of Windows is assumed, no previous experience of using Excel is required.
For more information regarding this event, or to reserve a place, please contact Maxine Johnston via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0191 243 6259.
*The fee for this event is charged at £250.00 +VAT, all materials will be provided along with lunch and refreshments throughout the day. Please note that attendees need to bring their own laptops to this session.
Here are just a few examples of what past attendees have had to say about our training courses:
– “I found the course really helpful, we covered quite a lot of content at a nice pace. Laura was excellent, really knowledgeable with plenty of patience when needed.”
– “It was interactive which I find more valuable than sitting and listening. The handouts were useful supplements that can be returned back to in the future. It was well-led and informative.”
– “Great course, trainers were knowledgeable and they encouraged interaction when possible.”
– “Really enjoyed the training, the right pace and information was delivered very well.”